Highlights of sailing in Madeira include:
- Watching whales, dolphins, turtles, seals and marine birds go about their daily lives.
- Swimming with wild dolphins- a magical and unforgettable experience!
- Admiring the dramatic sea cliffs at Cabo Girao the second highest in Europe.
- Dropping anchor for a refreshing ocean dip on hot summer days
- Visiting the uninhabited Ilhas Desertas (Deserted Islands) nature reserve for marine birds and monk seals
- Enjoying a glass of Madeiran wine as the sun sets over the island
- Indulging a passion for scuba diving, big game fishing, photography or bird watching.
The gulf stream that warms the waters round Madeira creates a haven for wildlife. So the islands are amongst the best places in the world to observe dolphins, whales and sea birds and for big game fishing. Every year fishing enthusiasts flock to the islands to try their hand at catching giant marlin, tuna, spearfish, dourado and wahoo- usually on a catch and release basis.
Sailing in Madeira is possible all year round allowing you to appreciate the natural beauty of the islands in different seasons. To make the most of your trip we recommend bringing a camera and binoculars if you have them. Our experienced local skippers will ensure you get the most out of your trip and you can choose between joining a regular cruise or chartering a yacht exclusively for your friends and family.