Untouched and unspoilt by mass tourism, the islands are a joy to explore with exquisite scenery, a wealth of marine life, uncrowded anchorages and good amenities. For centuries sailing has been the life blood of the islands and sailors are assured of a warm welcome here.
Highlights of sailing in the Azores include:
- Island hopping: there are nine islands to explore each with its own character. The ancient volcanoes which formed the Azores have left their mark on the landscape with spectacular mountains, craters, lagoons, geysers and luxuriant flora.
- Dolphin and whale watching, the warmth of the gulf stream attracts whales, dolphins and other sea life to the Azores. Of a total of 80 species of whales that inhabit our planet, 24 choose the Azores for reproduction, rest and feeding. This makes the Azores one of the best places in the world to see wild whales and dolphins.
- Sailing in the Azores under clear night skies, the sea often twinkles with fluorescent algae leaving a glittering trail in your wake.
- Anchoring in a secluded bay for a leisurely picnic of local delicacies or fresh fish.
- Big game fishing: fishermen boast of the records set here with catches including Blue Marlin weighing over 1000lb (453kg)!
- Relaxing over a drink or meal in the famous Peter's Cafe Sport in Horta, recently voted the world's best sailor bar.
Whether you are a regular sailor, want to learn more about sailing or just relax and enjoy a cruise through spectacular scenery we have the Azores sailing experience for you. Our experienced skippers have many years' experience of sailing in the Azores and can recommend breathtaking routes that are tailored to your requirements. You can join a regular cruise or charter a yacht exclusively for your friends and family.