Please browse our database of boats or simply contact Portugal Sailing and we will send you recommendations to suit your specific requirements and budget.
The Algarve coast stretches from Vila Real de Santo Antonio in the east to Sagres in the west and is a popular venue for sailing thanks to its diverse and beautiful shoreline, sunny skies and calm seas, interesting wild life and modern marinas.
Highlights of sailing in the Algarve include:
- discovering small deserted islands and dropping anchor on a secluded beach for a fresh fish barbecue.
- diving, swimming and snorkelling in the cool of the sea after a morning spent basking on a sunny deck.
- a chance encounter with the wild dolphins that live along the coast- while sailing in the Algarve you may see bottlenose dolphins, common dolphins, Risso's dolphins and sharks.
- sailing amidst the fascinating caves, grottoes and bizarre rock formations near Lagos or around the dramatic headland at Sagres famous as the base for Prince Henry the Navigator's medieval sailing school.
- exploring the inlets and lagoons of the Ria Formosa Nature Reserve an important haven for wild birds such as little egrets, flamingos, storks, ospreys and the rare purple gallinule.
- big game and reef fishing for sharks, marlin, bream, bass, mackerel, grouper and more.
- and of course watching the sunset slowly behind the sea with a cold drink in your hand!
Whether you want to learn more about sailing and take your turn at the helm, soak up the peace and solitude of the seas or celebrate a special occasion in style with friends and family we have the Algarve sailing experience for you.
Our experienced, licensed skippers have many years experience of sailing in the Algarve and they can recommend spectacular routes along the coastline. We can tailor your time sailing in the Algarve to your requirements and have sailing and motor yachts available in a number of Algarve marinas including Olhao, Vilamoura, Albufeira, Portimao and Lagos. Each yacht is equipped with modern navigation and safety equipment ensuring a comfortable and safe trip.